We were pleased to hear from Dean Compher, IBM IT Specialist here in Salt Lake City talk to us about Big Data. He reviewed the impact of the incredible continuing growth of data that is being collected and how organizations are trying to work with new technologies that help understand all of that data. There is and open source platform that is used called, “Hadoop” that is one of the technologies being used. Take a look at the following video of Dean’s presentation.
Dean Compher can be contacted on his website, www.db2dean.com.
Click Big Data Presentation made at the Utah iSeries User Group on Feb 8,2012 to download a copy of the presentation file.
- IBM Power Systems update and Luncheon – Speaker, Pat O’Rourke (gslmug.wordpress.com)
- Our GSLMUG website for 2011 in review (gslmug.wordpress.com)
- How Web giants store big data (xkortazar.wordpress.com)
- July 20th – Jason Nacey on IBM i Web Integration with Java (gslmug.wordpress.com)
- It’s a revolution – The Impact of Big Data in the World (xkortazar.wordpress.com)
- Banks Use Hadoop To Unlock Big Data Secrets (informationweek.com)