UIIPA – Our 33rd Year!

UIIPA – Our 33rd Year!

Utah IBM i Professionals Association

April 6th, 2010 – IBM Power 7 Technical Overview

This user group meeting was the Power 7 Technical Overview from IBM at the Little America Hotel in the Arizona room from 7:30 am to 11:00 am at 500 South Main Street, Salt Lake City, Utah 84111.

Power Systems TM – The first generation of systems built for a smarter planet. POWER7 systems represent a generational shift that delivers a new definition of performance and value.

The first generation of systems built for a smarter planet.
From the chip and virtualization capabilities, all the way through the operation systems, these new systems are optimized from the ground up with IBM middleware for a step change in performance, energy efficiency and new computing capabilities.

Consider these upgraded features:
Virtualization without limits
Workload optimization
Energy reduction
Resiliency without downtime
Management with automation

A New Definition of Performance: IBM POWER7 Systems
Perhaps that’s why more than 2,000 companies have migrated their workloads to IBM over the last 4 years.

Here are two presentation files from Clark Scholten as a recap on what was presented.
P7 IBM i 7.1 deep dive.pdf
Power Systems POWER7 SLC & LV F1.pdf

20 Responses to April 6th, 2010 – IBM Power 7 Technical Overview

1. […] that we’ve been able to enjoy this past year: May 12th – Migrate to Power 7 Overview April 6th – IBM Power 7 Technical Overview March 10th – Clark Scholten of IBM – Software Maintenance Strategy for IBM i February […]

2. I have been browsing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all site owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the internet will be much more useful than ever before.

3. I am not sure where you are getting your information, but great topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more. Thanks for fantastic info I was looking for this information for my mission.

4. Hi and thanks for your great post! I quite enjoyed reading it.I will make sure to take note of this blog and definitely will come back from now on. I would like to encourage you to ultimately continue the nice work, even write about electric shaving razor also, have a wonderful day!

5. I really like the things you fellows are now up to. Such smart effort and visibility! Carry on the awesome effort friends, I’ve you on our router address blog.

6. Howdy, you’re certainly correct. I always read through your posts closely. I’m likewise fascinated with math homework, maybe you could write about that at times. Regards.

7. I really like the things you are up to. This kind of cool effort and coverage! Carry on the fantastic work guys, I’ve you on my own shareit for pc blog.

8. It was great to read this article and I think you are 100 correct. Let me know if perhaps you’re considering computers for sale, that is my principal expertise. I hope to check back with you soon enough, bye for now!

9. It was actually wonderful reading this and I believe you’re 100 right. Let me know in the event that you’re looking into kik for computer, that is my main competency. I am hoping to see you soon, cheers!

10. Hello there, you’re absolutely right. I always read through your articles thoroughly. I’m furthermore interested in aptoide apk download, you could write about that from time to time. I’ll be back.

11. I was talking to a good friend of mine about this article and also regarding shareit new version as well. I feel you made a lot of good points on this page, we’re also excited to find out more stuff from you.

12. Heya, you are definitely correct. I always read through your articles closely. I am also fascinated with wrongful death attorney, maybe you might write about that sometimes. See you!

13. Hello, what do you think on the subject of omega xl walgreens? Pretty cool idea, huh?

14. Your means of telling all in this post is genuinely pleasant, all can without difficulty be aware of it, Thanks a lot.|

15. Today, I went to the beach front with my kids. I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.” She placed the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear. She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is entirely off topic but I had to tell someone!

16. Hi there, after reading this amazing article i am as well cheerful to share my experience here with friends.

17. I get that type of info written in such an ideal way? I’ve a undertaking that I’m simply now working on, and I’ve been at the glance out for such info.

18. There is fantastic developments on the style of your site, I really like it! My website is relating to double glazed window styles and currently there are plenty of things to do, I’m currently a novice in internet site design. Take care!

19. It is appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it’s time to be happy. I’ve read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you some interesting things or suggestions. Perhaps you can write next articles referring to this article. I desire to read even more things about it!

20. Thanks a ton for sharing the idea, I saved this site. I am additionally searching for facts regarding Arvind Pandit, are you aware the place where I might come across a thing like that? I’ll return soon!